Engineering > Functions
Planning & Engineering Functions
- Administers the City Zoning Ordinance.
- Administers the City Subdivision regulations.
- Administers Federal Flood Plain and Insurance Program
- Performs studies and reports about the City's urban
characteristics and trends.
- Supports the following City Boards and Commissions:
> Planning Commission
> Board of Zoning Adjustments
- Reports Planning Commission activities to City Council.
- Assists in public relations efforts through contacts with
the local media, civic organizations, and citizen groups.
- Supervises Street Department activities.
Performs Plan Review and Construction Inspection of all
new building sites and subdivision developments.
- Performs Plan Review and contract administration of all
Capital Projects designed by consultants.
- Performs Design and Construction Inspection of small
Capital Improvements Projects.
- Inspects all work performed by private contractors on city
- Designs and supervises City's annual street paving
- Supports other departments by providing surveying and
- Advises Planning Commission and Board of Zoning
- Maintains and updates city records of property plat books,
deed transfers, new subdivisions, streets, alleys, survey
benchmarks, sewer, storm drain, gas, and water lines.
- Supports the Mayor and City Administrator with technical
information on all infrastructure of the City.
- Provides administrative assistance to the City's weed,
litter, junk, abandoned car and trash ordinances.
- Administers City's building code program.
- Issues and monitors building construction, demolition, and
land disturbance permits.
- Issues sign permits.
- Coordinates local census efforts for the United States
- Represents the City in various regional and state meetings
- Coordinates on-going maintenance of the Enhanced 911