The City of Murray, Kentucky

Home > Public Works > Sanitary Sewer > FAQs


Q. How much is a sewer tap?
A. See the tap fees page

Q. How do I get sewer service?
A. Apply for sewer service in our office at 200 Andrus Dr. Office hours are 7:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. You can call us at (270) 762-0336 and have an application faxed or mailed to you if you prefer. Download the application here. (PDF)

Q. Does sewer go by my property?
A. You will need to inquire with Murray Public Works at (270) 762-0336 and be prepared to give the property address.

Q. I'm going to dig; can you mark the sewer lines for me?
A. Call Kentucky Underground at 1(800) 752-6007 before you dig. They will notify us and we will send someone out to mark the water/sewer mains and the water meter, but we are not able to mark the service line from the meter to the house.

Public Works