The City of Murray, Kentucky

Home > Customer Service > Murray Municipal Utilities

Murray Municipal Utilities

Murray Utilities is located inside City Hall at the Customer Service Center at 500 Main Street. The hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Murray Utilities is responsible for:

Listed below are some frequently asked questions which may provide you with additional information.

How do I establish or transfer service?
To establish new service or transfer service you must come to the Customer Service Center to complete a service application and provide a picture ID such as driver's license, military ID, student ID, passport, ID card or employment card.

Who pays deposits?
Renters and businesses.

How much are the deposits?
Renters pay $100.00 for natural gas, and $100.00 for water which is required to initiate services. Business deposits are determined by location, history of usage, square footage and type of business.

How am I billed?
Once a month. The billing cycles are the 15th and 30th of the month. Your billing cycle is determined by your location.

What type of payment methods are offered?
Cash, check, money order, credit card, bank draft, online payments, telephone payments for Property Taxes 1-866-846-3584 and telephone payments for Utilities 1-866-957-4195.  When paying with a credit card, a fee will be applied. On cutoff day, balances due are to be paid with cash or credit card along with fees.  We offer a convenient night drop box on the south side of the building.

How much are connect fees?
Effective 3/1/2023, $50.00 per service (gas and water) if the service is off. This can be added to your first bill.

How much are re-connect fees?
Effective 3/1/2023, $75.00 per service. If service is disconnected due to non-payment of utilities, it is due in cash before the service is re-connected. This cannot be added to your bill.

How much are fall re-connect fees for gas?
$50.00, if gas service is turned off in the spring either by you or disconnected due to non-payment. This cannot be added to your bill.

How do I change my mailing address and/or phone number?
You may fill out a Change of Address/Phone Form. You may deliver or mail this form to the customer service center. You may also change your mailing address by filling out the back of your utility bill.

How do I change my name?
To change your name you must come to the customer service center and bring an ID which shows your new name.

Contact the Customer Service Center at 270-762-0300 or email any other questions you may have.  We look forward to serving you. 

Customer Service